Friendly Advice

NOTE: If you are new to the blog, please read from older to newer.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Welcome to the Blog

So, I never thought I would do this, but I am starting a blog. The idea for this came about a week ago when a friend of mine, Jason, and his ultra-hip wife, Andrea, encountered an experience during a musical performance in which they said to themselves "Only in Eugene would this happen..."

In fact, I think this thought to myself at least once a month. Being a transplant from other parts of the country, I very frequently marvel for what passes as commonplace in this city. But, the thing is, Jason is from Eugene, born and bred. So, this idea of "Only in Eugene" is not unique, but universal to its residents and beyond, somewhat like the use of speech in children across all cultures. We all know it. Thus, if we have stories to tell, they will resonate with us all.

I have to say that a lot of the posts will be related to music, as that is what a lot of the people that I know do for a living. It is my hope, however, that this will appeal to a broad audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment